View Single Post
Old 10.14.2015, 09:30 AM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and to the original questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe
When I was a teenager my sister somehow got a hold of this album and when she played it, it absolutely blew me away

[...]

Where can I find the magic of Experimental Jet Set, Trash, and No Star?

seems to me you're most likely to find it in the fading memory of your teenage years rather than the music itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe
Does that magic exist on any of the other Sonic Youth albums, or did Sonic Youth just decide to cram it all on that particular album?

EJSTNS has all kinds of elements that connect it to various other records they made, but if you're not in a receptive state right now it will all fall on deaf ears.

---

eta: but i'm gonna go out on a limb now and say try a thousand leaves. if that doesn't work for you then i'd suggest tahiti-- i hear it's a magical place.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|