View Single Post
Old 04.29.2008, 10:20 PM   #56
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, my favorite Nirvana release is FROM THE MUDDY BANKS OF THE WISHKAH, because even the shitty songs sound good live. Well, Heart-Shaped box will never sound good... I think Bleach has a couple really good songs, as does In Utero ("SCENTLESS APPRENTICE"!!!!) which is about 1/3rd of a really great album. But incesticide rules. I think the Cure are just awful aside from some singles, but I like that album, because it's like the Cure trying to be Wire or something. And the Smiths are a band I loved in middle school but looking back, they have some major MAJOR spotty things in their material -- every album has a couple really great songs but every album also has some awful shit. Louder than Bombs, though, is awesome.

Anyway, I'd like to nominate MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE - Tight to this thread. It actually sounded original and interesting, like a very minimal electro punk band with some awesome songs like "Molly". Completely unlike anything that had came before it. They were awful after that though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|