View Single Post
Old 01.10.2017, 06:25 PM   #43
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
to be totally serious for a moment sometimes at the end of a session i feel really fucking sorry for my psychoanalyst, like, man you just had to sit and listen to that. then i remember that i paid him. but still. i think they call that transference

You have an actual "psychoanalyst?" Like, a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist who specializes in actual psychoanalysis, and advertises as such? Or are you just using the term as kind of a catch-all?

Not trying to be a dick, really curious. A lot of mental health clinicians avoid that designation for fear of accusations of pseudo-science, so It's pretty rare that a clinician (a modern-day, American clinician at least) will profess to be a psychoanalyst. But then I find that a bit wackadoo because there are plenty of "life coaches," and spiritual gurus and even LPC's out there who will feed you a much more jilted, fanciful, dangerous blend of bullshit unconscious theory and palmreading, just through a different straw (and without accepting insurance, because, you know, they're frauds).

Anyway, I hear you. I used to really put my therapists through the ringer. I'd challenge them and then decide to work with them and then turn on them again without warning. I'm not a nasty person, but the closest I've ever been to being vindictive was when I was dealing with therapists and counselors. Even when I was just being myself, and trying to work with them, I made everything harder.

Do you think this has something to do with my father feeding me cucumbers when I was little? I mean, that's a pretty transparent way to mind-rape a kid isn't it? Symbolic penis eating. Eureka!

Just kidding. Sorry. I didn neuroscience stuff once. Turned me into a dick.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|