Thread: Replacements
View Single Post
Old 10.13.2008, 12:59 AM   #14
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
Well, I came in on the 'mats at Tim--which I stole from a college radio station.

As someone who's been djing college radio since 1985, I have to point out how fucking idiotic it is to take records by your favorite bands from the one place they are likely to get played.

I'm sure you are much older and wiser now, so I'm not leveling this as an attack at you. I just can't stand to see the concept put forth as something to make light of. It's a real problem and more often than not the labels don't bother to send new copies of the albums that get taken and the record never gets played unless djs have their own copies.

It particularly amazes me when I try to look for something by an artist, like say Nurse With Wound, at a station like KPSU and find that like 8 records by them have been stolen. It was undoubtedly by one NWW "fan" who has completely prevent countless people from ever hearing their music. I'm sure Stapleton would put a hex on the thief if he knew who it was.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|