Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 01.31.2011, 10:11 AM   #9
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
At the university campus where I work, there are pockets of student protest groups that've managed to comandeer their own little meeting rooms, with stereos and the like. I catch what they're listening to and it's always either dubstep or reggae or the odd bit of hip hop. I don't think I've ever heard a rock record once. Contrast that with stories of US troops whizzing around the middle east in tanks, blarring out Pantera and Neil Young CDs. So does Rock have even the slightest relevance to young rebellious teenagers anymore?

It seems like kids have too many distractions these days to actually learn to play an instrument well. But what makes guitar based music uncool to kids these days is that their baby boomer parents like it... and anything that is cool to your parents is totally unhip naturally. In the Middle East Rock music is cool because their parents HATE that they listen to it.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|