View Single Post
Old 05.31.2008, 06:15 PM   #2011
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
machine girl - 9/10
Hot Asian schoolgirl in a film produced by the always-reliable Tokyoshock. Can be found for $12 at Wal-Mart (!!!! They sell unrated films their now? And gore films even?!). Total gore film, actually probably the goriest film I've seen since Murder Set Pieces (meh), Premutos, and Dead Alive. Up there with Riki-Oh's gore actually. There might be more in this: Heads being blown off, people being cut in pieces by chainsaws, blood spurting EVERYWHERE ENDLESSLY, uh.. a scene where a woman vomits blood and then mucus and pus and then her own interestines out.. Hilarious comedy, kung-fu, and almost every kid in this film gets killed. Every KID. Every CHILD. Tons of explicit child murders! It's hilarious and a good time for all and probably the best film I've seen since the 00's started. Highly reccomended.

Visions of Suffering - 7/10
Without a doubt, the most fucked-up film you will ever see in your life. I can't even explain it. More fucked up than Id, Begotten, Holy Mountian, Tetsuo, Videodrome, etc. COMBINED. Uh... every film effect you can think of is used... 3D scythes ripping open testicles.. fuck, I can't even explain this, you just have to see it...

diary of the dead - 4/10
Can't figure out whether to call this "diary of the dud" or "diary of the dull". Completely lame. Romero keeps proving he is an untalented hack. He has precisely 3 good films -- Dawn of the Dead, Crazies, and Martin (Night is alright but it's bested by Tom Savini's remake!). His "Dead" films in particular have been getting a lot worse as of late. This one is interesting, and it's well-directed... I like the long takes, the "no cuts at all and then a gore scene would happen"; it's actually pretty revolutionary. So, yeah, as a sign of things to come in the world of movies, it's pretty inspiring. As a film, it's completely uninspired. More stupid social commentary, the zombies looked like shit, the gore was alright but actually pretty cheesy, there were hardly any zombies, the characters were annoying, and it just.. didn't... DO anything. It didn't really go anywhere, instead it was Romero trying to make some obvious and cliche points about paranoia and the effects of the internet/tv/etc. Predictable and boring.

I also saw:
the hole - 5/10
the prowler - 7/10
the creeps - 6/10
netherworld - 5/10
city of blood - 4/10
mirror of death - 6/10

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|