View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 11:13 AM   #16
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the original intent of "unplugged" was to get METAL bands to do acoustic songs, so they could show what great "songwriters" they were. This was before grunge crap. and you are right, it was to sell the shit to people with pussies for ears.

I laughed hard when Dee Snider was talking about this in VHI's "history of Metal"

he talked abou how the formula developed where a new band would release a rocking song then a ballad an dthat way would maximize their album sales to guys and ladies. then bads started doing unplugged shit (Dee says "Thanks Tesla" sarcastically as fuck) and every metal band released a shitty acoustic guitar ballad. Dee Snider then proceeds to say "What's so metal about that? I mean, come on! Extreme? Posion? Fuck YOu and Fuck You and Fuck You and Fuck You."

I thought that was hilarious!

yeah, that was funny, although i suspect dee is just sore because twisted sister didn't get invited. he's right though.

anyway, how many bands have pulled the acoustic versions thing succesfully?

hmmm...

the cure
radiohead
nirvana, i guess...

i'm blanking.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|