View Single Post
Old 07.30.2015, 01:35 PM   #18875
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
right... his 50s films are the apex... i'll get there, as i'm trying to be methodical in my approach. la habanera was actually shot in germany! with some famous swedish actress... right before he fled.

and yeah, saw the todd haynes one, and knew about the film connection (without knowing about sirk himself). it was a pretty good period piece i thought and good subject matter, but what i recall about it most is the look-- very vivid and colorful and high key light. ha, like almodóvar. this sirk appears more & more important every day and i'm sorry to have missed him so completely for so long. i've started to read about him a bit now...

anyway don't know about walter hill. loved the first year of deadwood, then it turned to watery shits. but i'll post you (later) my take on the violence thing. soon as i can focus. or need an excuse to procrastinate working on taxes, ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|