View Single Post
Old 06.30.2013, 10:35 AM   #3140
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Books written for teenagers are often authors' best works. I think Clive Barkers works for children and teenagers are BETTER than his adult novels. I like that they are more concise, and yet also less graphic. They let your imagination do the heavy lifting, more insinuation and hinting than revealing the horror. Imajica is epic, but I really have enjoyed these Abarat books. While I didn't like Anasi Boys better than American Gods, I didn't think it was particularly better written, so I expect that kind of style in this one. 200 pages are better for me. I have a short attention span for novels, there are a dozen I have put down at the half way point because after two or three days I lose interest.

[b]When I realized that American Gods was really just a grief story, it all clicked. He was just holding on too long, the way MOST of us make our lives tragic by holding on to a dream, a fear, or a love longer than its worth. [b]

Sir, have you ever read The Stars My Destination
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|