View Single Post
Old 07.05.2017, 11:16 AM   #48894
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Though now that I think on it, pretty much all of this stuff is available elsewhere, and accompanied by more songs that make a more interesting experience. Just the Nevermind deluxe edition collects "Erin in His Youth" and "Curmudgeon" and all the live tracks from the singles PLUS the whole album.
Ditto for the In Utero deluxe edition.

This is true of course. But at the same time this makes for a pretty unique "album length" collection of A-sides/B-sides/live stuff.

Sometimes the super duper deluxe editions and boxed sets can be an overwhelming listen, y'know? Sometimes a more streamlined set is preferred. And then those bigger collections be there as archival sets.

TBH, unless there's a certain song I'm in the mood for, I generally reach for Sliver ("The Best Of The Box") rather than With The Lights Out for instance.