View Single Post
Old 04.26.2008, 04:21 PM   #37
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, HEALTH's very LIARS-like all the way around. They've got some Black Dice-sounding electronic stuff though. But as I mentioned on the 2nd of 3 HEALTH threads, all their songs sound quite different still... I mean, I think they're original enough, you know? I don't think there's anything down that route worth debating -- they sound different ENOUGH, it's not a blatant ripoff of anything. My problem is, they're just kinda boring. They're not the best songwriters in the world (then again, neither are LIARS). Just an average band all the way around, nothing too different or amazing or worth getting excited about. But not bad.

The Mae Shi are really great though. Really forward-thinking and exciting. They get annoying, but they're definitely original and fun to listen to. Never heard Mika Miko.

glad someone agrees with me, and as usual, its you, about the mae shi anyways. i think liars change their sound too much to be compared too, but health sounds like "they were wrong" era liars.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|