View Single Post
Old 01.12.2018, 08:28 AM   #56
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I like that Anna Kendrick. She reminds me of Emma Roberts. Except Emma Roberts looks like trouble.

I listened to Good Kid Maad City last week for the first time in a while and it's still GD brilliant. There was a rumor that I don't like K.Dot anymore but those rumors have been greatly exaggerated. It's actually more the opposite. Dude's records just got so epic and complex and deep, and my mood/ears/soul weren't in the headspace for epic, complex and deep. We all pretend that art is something we can like point to and state facts and be 'right'. It reminds me of Andy on The Office trying to be an art critic... "this food is bad... this movie is bad... this painting is bad." - but straight up it all boils down to "how does it make you feel RIGHT NOW?" so whatevs.

ANYWAY to get on topic there's a couple albums that came out today that piqued my interest...

First up is a new one by Dr. Lonnie Smith called All In My Mind. I was hoping for a second there that the title meant it would be another record of Beck covers but no haha. It does apparently include a 9 min version of "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover," though. Have I ever talked about my mixed feelings on that song? I don't think there's any other song in the history of songs that makes me feel such extremes. The verses are fucking awesome. And the chorus is fucking stupid. I hope Lonnie does 9 mins of riffing on jsut the verse chord progression or something haha.

Secondly, there's a new Big Star live album out from 73(ish?), which apparently had been released as one of the discs in a box set from 2009 that I actually totally forgot was ever released. SO I guess this is sort of redundant but it's still nice to see another standalone live album.