View Single Post
Old 04.27.2014, 12:32 PM   #576
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I got all the episodes years ago, and I've watched them all at least a dozen times, probably a lot more.

You're right: there is not ONE bad or even not-that-good episode. Amazing.

There are funny lines, of course, but the comedy for me comes from the characters. I totally get them; I probably AM some of them.

I particularly love how the minor characters are fleshed out and develop over time. It isn't all about Larry, or even Larry, Hank and Artie. It's also about a dry, cynical show booker (Paula), an over-grown-child writer (Phil), an overworked assistant who's probably too good for Larry (Beverly). And Scott Thompson should've won a few awards for his brave performance.

It's ultimately a show about values: What's the most important thing right now? And there is much comedy to be found when people choose wrong, usually due to their massive ego.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|