View Single Post
Old 07.26.2013, 06:31 PM   #3487
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. You're right. That was the defence he made and I even think he got Diego Forlan to speak up for him on it (and the usual 'black friends' used to testify that he's not a racist) but the devil's in the context. According to the FA enquiry,

'when Evra asked Suarez why he had been kicked, the striker replied in Spanish: "Porque tu eres negro" -- "because you are black."

Evra said he would punch Suarez if he repeated the comment. Suarez replied: "No hablo con los negros" -- "I don't speak to blacks."
'

I honestly don't think he is racist, at least any more than any other player. He'll just go to any lengths to try and get an advantage over a player. He probably wanted Evra to punch him, so he'd get sent off. I'm convinced he just didn't realise the extent to which using race as an insult is so taboo here.

And yeah, the schedule in England is absurd, so in terms of his ban's impact on a season, it's significant but not massively so, at least so long as it doesn't keep happening - which is obviously the real issue facing either Rodgers, Wenger or whoever else gets him.

Quote:
i think he'd be a great addition to arsenal which to my eyes just needs a good finisher. plus wenger is a brainy fucker so he might have him psychoanalyzed. ha!

Ha, Wenger as le professeur. But as perverse as it may sound, given all the goals he scores, I'm not convinced he's that great a finisher. He's incredibly inconsistent in front of goal. He's a far better provider, I think. His dribbling and physical strength are his real assets.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|