View Single Post
Old 04.11.2014, 12:05 AM   #18068
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
WOLF OF WALL STREET

it was okay.

yes yes sure, it's scorsese, the man is brilliant, but this was goodfellas all over again so it was quite predictable. also it went on too long. when dicrabio was making his hitleresque speeches about being rich he put a good performance but i was as bored as if i was watching the dull military parades in triumph of the will (because, admit it, triumph of the will may have made film history but it's just a bunch of military goose-stepping bullshit that puts one to sleep).

anyway, wolf was good movie and all, and great little performance by mcconaughey, but after having watched the great beauty twice in a row, and with it being so fresh in my mind, this really suffers by comparison. american movies have no heart--they're all about morality or something. "baddie gets comeuppance". zzzzzz.

earlier today also watched

fellini's INTERVISTA

definitely a minor fellini movie, a kind of reminiscence before death i suppose, and it's certainly no amarcord, but it was nice, and sweet, and a little bit sad, and nice to watch all over, and funny and clever, even though the transfer was quite crap (koch lorber really puts out crappy dvds). but shit, it had more heart and more human emotion than the wolf of wall street which was about… gold watches, or something? i don't know not a single likeable character that i can remember. 'MERICA! oh yes, another nice/smart thing about intervista is that it's one interview inside another inside trying to make franz kafka's amerika (which i should read) into a movie… really, a minor film, but if you're a fellini fan you'll love it anyway as well as many of its characters (and scorsese is a huge fellini fan, he bought and restored la dolce vita).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|