Thread: video games
View Single Post
Old 03.22.2020, 06:16 AM   #334
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh i had heard about red dead redemption and it was supposedly very good but i’ve never had a chance.

does it take long to play? these days i can only manage short bouts of gaming during the day. i am probably overdue for a digital vacation though. i don’t mean time away from electronic devices... i mean a whole weekend immersed in an alternate reality or something.

well..I didn't even touch the single player mode, which should roughly amount to 50 hours of gameplay for the main story only (without sidequests etc). 50 hours of good story, with great characters and plot, btw. But I'm not ready for that, ahaha. I play online because you get the "whole map" already unlocked (in single player you "discover" new places going on with the plot) and I just enjoy going around, doing some errands for the different roles, finding weird places / weird people / weird sitautions etc. And "missions" in the online component of the game are usually pretty quick, so I don't risk to get involved in long story missions that I'd better not let fail just because I don't have enough time to finish them.

If you play on pc you'd need a pretty performant vga to enjoy the game at higher detail settings. On console, it still looks pretty amazing (I hate playing games where you need to aim with pads, though..even with aiming aids activated).

The attention to detail in the game is just insane. There are a few youtube vids that show how many things the developers were able to fit in it, subtle details you could even go a full playthrough without even noticing.

The way animals "live" is stunning.

It can be a sort of "meditative" game. Until some other player shots you in the head with a shotgun.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|