View Single Post
Old 03.10.2015, 08:56 PM   #1112
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i started taking an iron supplement on top of incorporating more in my diet and i feel SO MUCH BETTER lately. like, eating that steak was incredible.

learn to fry liver-- it's cheap and a good way to get organic meat on a budget. i use butter and fry only briefly-- overcook & it turns to shoe leather.

also--lentils!

& dark greens. frozen is a great bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
recently our goat cheese/organic vegetable guy brought us dark blue goat cheese.
He was feeding the goats some leftovers from his fields he hadn't used before.
Turns out some of the berries that he fed em with, turned their milk blue.
still very tasty, but too ugly.

sounds awesome! i'd buy it. more antioxidants. tell him to feed them figs so the cheese comes out ready ha ha.

Quote:
my room- and bandmate joshi, is a beekeeper (low-scale economically - more of a hobby), so I have a love/hate relationship with it... it makes me very submissive.
the honey that is.

i'd like to get me some bees with all the things dying off-- like i'd be helping out. but first i need to get me some crops-- bees are not native to my woodlands so they need something to eat. i've considered africanized bees-- there's a man in arizona who harvests their stuff. have you seen that swiss documentary about bees? MORE THAN HONEY. it's really great!

http://buy.morethanhoneyfilm.com

Quote:
i always blanch them in very very salty water first (take of skin). then roast them in heavy pan.

oh, thanks for that! i like the taste of the woody skins for snacks and some dishes but for more delicates ones (marzipan etc) i'll try that.

the thing with almonds though (makes me feel guilty) they are a big reason bees are being poisoned.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|