View Single Post
Old 04.25.2010, 11:52 PM   #15
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think they just got worse with each release, their first little EP being their best; a nice, quick blast...

I just can't get past Karen's voice, and the overall simplicity of all the songs. I think the guitarist is interesting, in that he's not afraid to play really, really simple, catchy things most of the time (with some really cool tones), but at other times, he piles on quite a few layers of interesting guitar textures. He's actually quite enjoyable, in the way he melds catchy simple riffs with some "artsiness" (for lack of a better word), channeling Pink Flag at times (deceptively simple but there's more going on underneath the surface). You just don't hear many mainstream bands have such an interesting little guitarist. It's punky without playing nothing but generic power chords. I dig that aspect of the band... I just think some of the songs are extremely annoying; and even the good songs have a part or two that is really annoying. Sad Karen is the "star" of the band, she's got some cool outfits, don't really see the appeal besides that. Anyway, probably a good song or two on there.

I do enjoy The Seconds, the drummer's band.

You are the gayest person in the universe.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|