View Single Post
Old 12.14.2014, 08:29 PM   #47141
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think you already have listened also the Heart of Saturday Night, but anyway itīs twin brother of Closing time. Both albums never been my fav Waits, but I have really always liked the warm feeling in them. BTW Closing Time is my first Waits-album ever heard.

My problem is I've wanted to like him more than I do because of Closing Time. I like Heart of Saturday Night a lot too but, like you say, that's more like its (slightly jazzier) twin and still a way from what he'd quickly become. Besides the odd song I kind of lost interest after Nighthawks, when he seemed to be edging more towards something like performance art.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|