Thread: Autechre
View Single Post
Old 09.23.2009, 06:53 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, definitely, and it's interesting to go back to their early works because most of those tracks were quite minimal as well, and it's cool how far they've taken this sound and in what direction they've went in. I like that they don't just pile on the chaos (see Venetian Snares or some shit, which I like sometimes but often just find boring and ridiculous), the chaos is actually beautifully controlled... to actually pay attention to all the little progressions is just mindboggling. The intricacy of the programming is ridiculous.... too amazing for words. Indescribable.

I really think I like every album they've done better than the one before with, the exception being Quaristice, which I LOVE... but it's nowhere near as good as Untilted. I don't think anything they do ever will be. I mean, where else can they honestly take this sound?!

Basically, for those reading this who've never heard it, Untilted is the definition of an album you can listen to 1000 times and still hear something new every time.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|