View Single Post
Old 10.16.2008, 06:44 PM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
To me, feedback and distortion and dissonance make all music sound better, grimier, and more dangerous. Literally, I think even lush, beautiful, accoustic Folk music sounds better with feedback, ala Six Organs of Admittance. Hell, even Fahey's music benefitted from Distortion in the 90's. Of course, not all the music I listen to incorprates feedback, after all, Van Morrison and Game Theory are two of my top 15 all time favorite artists, it's just it seems for the past four years that I have been more attracted to atonality. This may just be a by-product of the fact that all conventional Pop and Rock music these days is garbage. Even the more conventional Pop-based bands in the semi-underground like Animal Collective and Abe Vigoda are incorporating some sort of wierd sounds and noise into thier eclectic sounds. I'm just saying, up untill four years ago I was all about Rock n Roll, music that was in song form, lots of riffs, etc. Classic Rock, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash, Extreme Metal, Indie (when there was such a thing), Surf, Folk and such is what I would listen to. Jazz is as far out as I went. But then, there just stopped being good Rock music. So, then I started hanging around Providence when I was 16-17, and WALA, I discovered art, wierd music, Noise ROCK, Lightning Bolt, Arab On Radar, etc.. I was intrigued by this amazing fucking sound right beneath my door step. Atonality in music also offered me a way to rebel. My parents are ultra liberal artsy-types, hell my dad's a musician and had me listen to Miles Davis for the first time when I was 7. So they would never get freaked out about how I dressed and who I hung out with and what I listened to, etc.. But when my brother and I started going to all these insane concerts and come home totally loaded with out one hundred new records from the merchandise stand thatd wed put on at full volume at 2 in the morning light a bong plug out instruments in and make a huge racket, well then my parents started to worry haha. Well, as you can see I am rambling about nothing (Weed), I will end by just saying at this point, FEEDBACK AND DISTORTION rule my life.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|