View Single Post
Old 07.17.2006, 02:22 PM   #38
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
It's an okay album. Nothing that will really be fan favorites for the most part. Rather Ripped has some decent material but in my opinion, it just doesn't live up to standard SY material. It falls short of being really good. I don't think it's nearly as good as most of their other records such as Evol, Sister, Daydream Nation, Goo, Dirty, Washing Machine, A Thousand Leaves, NYC Ghost & Flowers, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse. All of these albums are better than Rather Ripped. I don't think it is a bad album, per se, I just don't think that it's a fully realized album. Given the song structure and chords used, I think the band could have done more with what they created. They could have expanded more on their musical ideas. I just feel that the material falls flat of what they could have done with it. The songs have the potential, but are never utilized to their fullest capabilities. And that is why I am so iffy about Rather Ripped. Not because the songs are bad, but because they aren't used to their fullest potential effect.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|