View Single Post
Old 09.01.2016, 09:26 AM   #109
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
My own "favorite SY albums" list is always in flux. I don't include any of the SYR's, soundtracks, sessions releases, live albums or EP's (except for CIS/KIY and self-titled because they've more or less been retroactively deemed the band's "first albums" as far as most of the world is concerned. I think of Bad Moon Rising as their first proper long-player, but not including Confusion is Sex would be rubbish.

I'll give it a shot, but remember, this is always subject to change without warning or reason.

1. Sister
2. Daydream Nation
3. Murray Street
4. A Thousand Leaves
5. Bad Moon Rising
6. Sonic Nurse
7. Evol
8. Goo
9. Washing Machine
10. Rather Ripped
11. Dirty
12. Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star
13. NYC Ghosts & Flowers
14. Confusion is Sex/Kill Yr Idols
15. Sonic Youth
16. The Eternal

* Note: In my opinion there isn't a bad album in the bunch. In fact, I think most of these records are perfect. The few that aren't, like those last few entries, are still downright great albums, with the possible exception of The Eternal, which is "very good" with a number of great moments, and even some perfect ones. I just want to make it clear that I think everything on this list puts most guitar-based music to shame. It's simply an expression of which of these beloved records I love most at this current point in time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|