View Single Post
Old 03.09.2015, 06:53 PM   #19
confusion is next
bad moon rising

confusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's assesconfusion is next kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i was listening to the no new york record today & i became aware of how much "flip your face" by james chance & the contortions reminds me of "kill yr. idols". so i went i played one & then the other & then one & the other, etc., and i am convinced. somebody i think came up with the formula [no wave]+[glenn branca] = [sonic youth] and sure, but have you heard both of these tunes together, & can you spot the genealogy, the evolution, almost (to me) as 2 versions of 1 song (perhaps an impressionistic perspective, sure)? discuss.

yeah that's all your freaky impressionistic perspective head...but mine freaky impressionistic perspective head says "flip your face" doesn't remind me "kill yr. idols" at all...the main spirit of no wave it's there, but in the sonic tune you can ear also the big influence of branca and more rock oriented, than in james chance with more disco spirit.
also in kill yr. idols it's more like a minimal punk symphony of branca.
in fact the no wave band more closer to sonic youth, to me it's mars, cause of his rock influence.
confusion is next is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|