View Single Post
Old 02.06.2018, 10:42 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i did speak of “execution, the discipline of getting things done” some time ago but it was a bit of a pile of shit for me because it was all about running megacorporations not about personal habits.

there still was a lesson in it for me, which was: most failures are not due to bad strategy but due to lack of execution on it. and again: focus. and again: “hire the best people” bla bla bla. too long for me— best to read a few good reviews of it.

as bytor hints, a good routine is a life saver, and decluttering and simplicity are superimportant. the leo babauta blog is a lot about that: simplicity and habits. i’m not a believer or anything but it’s a good starting point.

as for “every day is different”, GTD (david allen was his name) is who will teach you to manage your workflow in a changing environment. it’s a bit of a ponderous read but worth the time and care you put into it. there are SO MANY MISREADINGS AND MISINTERPRETATIONS OF IT on the echo chamber that is the internet that i wholeheartedly recommend you avoid them and go directly to the source. then later you can abbreviate, customize, recombine with other methods or whatever, but you gotta really understand it first, and hearsay is not the way to go here. it’s a bit of a cult and it’s been around nearly a couple of decades now, so fortunately it’s free at public libraries, etc., so you dont have to commit resources before you decide it’s not for you, or just dip a toe before taking the plunge. plus the guy has a website.

ok gtg
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|