View Single Post
Old 03.25.2017, 03:02 PM   #20869
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i really love some jarmusch movies, and by this i mean lots of them, i mean all of them i've seen except for permanent vacation which sucked for me, looking at some mental talking to himself all day, BUT everything else from stranger to down by law to the one with "william blake" to broken flowers to the limits of control has been great for me.

never had him pegged as a documentarian except as "of human life, through fiction."

i only assume that his apparent shortcomings are due to an excess of love for his subjects, which turns them into a puff piece.

im okay with some puff pieces though, especially when it comes to musicians. it's a kind of adolescent look at "rockstars" and who didn't like those as a kid?

some years ago i saw one about patti smith that made me love her more than ever.

and that's fine though--it's more than fine. i dont wanna hear about her secret shame or whatever. i want to idolize her as i've always had.

so anyway i havent seen his documentaries though ha ha ha but if theyre just love letters fine by me
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|