View Single Post
Old 07.02.2017, 04:52 PM   #361
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm all caught up with Secret Empire, and still liking it. Seems like it's actually going to have some ramifications. Big bomb just dropped at the end of the past issue.

Also I read Civil War II in about an hour.
It was GOOD! I mean, it was fucking Minoriry Report with super heroes, but still. It had a lot of good moments and great art and the Inhumans were there, and I actually LIKED Tony Stark for once.

Granted, the Inhumans were there but Black Bplt -- who just totally fucking fascinates me, and who I think I love, and who I'm desperate to know more about -- only appeared on one page in a crowd scene. THAT was frustrating.

Also, Captain Marvel isn't a character I know a hell of a lot about, but ... she kinda sucks if CWII is any indication. She has a great uniform, and seems to be one of the VERY rare Marvel characters who is just, like, ridiculously powerful without her power being conditional (Thor) and without he power being a kind of curse (Hulk, Bolt) that prevents her from being a well rounded, level-headed and dependable hero, and I appreciate that because level-headed ultra-powerful heroes are kind of my favorite thing (Superman). Buuuuut she kinda fucking sucks.

Anyway, for being a comic book PKD ripoff and a bit of a beaten horse thematically, I actually really liked it. I re-read the first Civil War before the movie came out and I was just super irritated by pretty much everything and everyone except Cap throughout the whole book. And the art was lackluster. I think that means I actually enjoyed II more than I, at least as a piece of easy entertainment. Which probably makes me a pariah.

Oh well, back to whatever that task was that I was trying to complete when I saw that Deadpool/Panther stuff.

Hah!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|