View Single Post
Old 12.14.2012, 11:45 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1eDSLKomU

It is really not that bad, and indeed like I predicted, sounds way more like the recent trend of veteran blended rock "supergroups" like Them Crooked Vultures who have a bit of a throw back sound. It was really more like Pat and Dave, on this mix you don't get to hear Krist so I can't really say what he did, if it was good or not. It is damn nice to hear Dave on the drums though, it where that fucker always belongs. He is hands down one of my all-time favorite drummers and truly has a distinct sound, and yet he plays more guitar than drums now. Its a waste truly..

I also didn't know that Dave had previously played with Paul in 2008 so this wasn't in that context to surprising. Perhaps Dave was like, fuck it, lets bring Krist and Pat in on this jamming action, or perhaps its the opposite, there was originally going to be a Nirvana reunion, but Courtney Love and her Army of Darkness Lawyers attacked it and shut it down since they weren't gonna make the money, so instead Dave was like, "Hey, lets just bring in Paul fucking McCartney and lets see that bitch stop us then, I jammed back with him a few years ago." Who are Krist and Pat to argue with that kind of shit, especially with the threat of Courtney's lawyers foreboding like that terrifying novel the Ruins.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|