View Single Post
Old 05.30.2017, 03:48 PM   #48834
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Fuck yeah Reading.

I don't think live albums are defined by single show vs. compilation, really. Single shows are often chopped and twisted a bit on record, and I think compilations count as live albums. Like Pearl Jam's Live on Two Legs... that's a compilation, but it's all from the same tour, so... yah. I've never thought much about the distinction, but I guess it's there.

I would totally call Unplugged a proper love album by your definition though. It being mostly acoustic doesn't matter.

I love this show though, and I'm so glad they released an above board version of it.

hey, Unplugged is one of my fav Nirvana albums period. But you make a good point w/ Live On Two Legs. I think I was just more thinking that it took a long time before we started hearing live Nirvana albums that really kind of competed w/ the bootlegs. Don't get me wrong, I love Unplugged and Wishkah... but y'know, growing up I owned MANY live Nirvana boots, and would have been happy to hear some specific full shows as official releases. So this was kind of the start of that anyway.