View Single Post
Old 08.30.2007, 03:09 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
well, this isn't shoegaze metal at all, so prepare to be disappointed.

it sounds like guitar feedback... basically.. that's generalizing it maybe a little bit, but that's what it sounds like.. it sounds like someone playing a chord, letting it ring for a minute, playing another chord, letting it ring for a minute, etc. that being said, it's amazingly hypnotic and listenable, though i tend to think the concept is starting to run dry (though sunn inject enough elements to keep it interesting for now..).

as i mentioned on another thread, i've heard this album probably about 50 times, on computer speakers, portable cd players, different headphones, etc..

nothing will beat the time i was tripping and listening to this in the winter time at 3 in the morning full blast out of these two huge speakers (huge as in "half-stack amplifier" huge) in this huge house in the middle of the woods while tripping and the amplifiers turned into two huge druids and started walking towards me and waving their hands in front of me and showing me all these weird hyrogrylphic symbols and shit. it was just insane.

"orthodox caveman" is the jam of the year.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|