View Single Post
Old 06.21.2013, 03:44 AM   #3119
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Just finished the David Browne book about SY, I found it very readable although I'm not sure if that's because the book is good or I'm just biased. Anywho, aside from being an easy read, his angle of approach to SY isn't one I'm particularly sympathetic too (how amazingly cool and important they are, comparing them to U2 and mainstream stuff all the time, explaining stuff that anyone who has reached the point of reading a book about SY probably doesn't need to have explained to them, telling it like a story he wrote rather than what it really is which is information gleaned from interviews and other resources, focusing way more on K&T but at the same time saying that the group works as a true democracy), there were interesting things about the group dynamic, and how career minded they were/are, how it seemed for a long time that they all thought they had a chance of making it big... and how anyone could ever have thought that is beyond me.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|