View Single Post
Old 09.24.2015, 03:19 PM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i don't know how true that is. from what i've read the 70s disney ticket was pretty accessible to the middle class (whatever that means these days anyway). but it's NOW when they're tailoring the whole thing for one-percenter babies.

That's what I said. he wanted ONLY middle class and up to come to Disneyland, which IN 1955, was white folks.

"A one-day ticket to Disneyland in 1955 cost $1 for adults and 50 cents for children. In addition to the price of entry, each of the park's 35 rides had a fee. Many of the attractions cost around 25 to 35 cents for adults and 10 to 25 cents for children. "If you are a glutton and try everything, it could cost you $8.70 for yourself and $5.15 for each tot," Thomas wrote. A trip around the entire park on a miniature train cost 50 cents for an adult and 25 cents for a child."

Dig? Counting for inflation, a day at DisneyLand, even before buying food and drinks and souvenirs, would run $83.54 a person.

Nowadays the ticket itself is $99 and rides are "free"

The average median income for families in 1959 was $5,400/YEAR