View Single Post
Old 04.16.2014, 09:35 PM   #132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
I have no idea what the criteria are for R&R Hall of Fame induction, but if greatness and creativity are among them, then SY should be inducted. But if a high degree fame is a prerequisite, then I just don't see it. Their music is simply not that well known. I think their name is more famous than their music. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine. Great and unconventional music isn't for everyone. Let John Mayer sing for the masses.

you're right of course. except i don't know who the fuck is john mayer ha ha ha. i've seen his name mentioned places, but i have no idea of 1) who he is 2) what he looks like 3) what he does-- okay, you say he sings, but i didn't know that before this moment, and i don't know what/how he sings.

and i think i'm really happy i'm able to unknow those kinds of things. proof i'm well shielded. and the RRHF is not something i care about at all. any kind of "hall of fame" really-- i don't give a fuck. industry shrines/events.

BUT hearing about kim playing with nirvana is a small good thing to me. those things mean something in my carefully walled universe. i enjoy them.

(of course, then i skimmed through the springsteen fan comments and i had to vomit a little. walls aren't perfect insulators, unfortunately.)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|