View Single Post
Old 11.16.2016, 10:38 AM   #19882
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i thought it was more of a 40s thing! thanks for that.

that shower scene is awesome but not just the shower stab itself, i mean, the way the camera roves post-kill over the corpse and then from her tight pupil and the drain is just amazing. AMAZING. eisenstein would be proud-- and though it's a continuity edit it's also a montage proper. fantastic, just... eye-gasm. most perverted of all, it's from a murder. ah, to be disturbed.

i wish i had the 24-hour psycho machine. maybe can make one with handbrake + VLC! i'll hang it on the wall... i'll project it on a sheet to see both sides

dat movie... oh damn.

You're identifying another common theme that connects Hitchcock to Spielberg here. The power of the "villain POV" shot. That scene in Psycho was rather unlike anything before it as far as I can remember, the "Shark-vision" scenes in Jaws have always reminded me of it. That and the redundant, throbbing score accompanying both scenes.

Maybe I'm wrong though and this didn't come from Hitchcock. Please correct me if that's the case.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|