View Single Post
Old 07.03.2014, 01:11 AM   #5134
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Thank you for the serious response. I don't think that futbol is in decline so much as may have a bit more competition in the nearer future.

I don't think that basketball will take over futbol, I just mentioned basketball in the context of countries like Spain, France and Argentina who have thriving basketball. Turkey may actually get better at basketball than futbol soon enough!!

Like I said, in Central America baseball is increasing exponentially and those have traditionally been futbol countries too..

Futbol will obviously be king, but if even a small margin of its dominance is diminished by an a smaller market share of both audience and talent pool, I think that alone is an interesting development and over the long enough arc could affect futbol.

If you told me in 1992 that Argentina would win an Olympic Gold medal in basketball, or that some of the best NBA players in the world would come from France or Slovenia I would have literally laughed at you! Now? Its a reality. If you told me in 1995 that all the best young talent for the MLB in US would be from Central America and the Caribbean that would have been funny too! Now? Baseball is almost more so a "Latin American" sport than it is "good ol American!"

So considering that if I said that in 20 years the best footballers in the world might be Americans, yeah, its funny now, but funnier shit in sports has clearly happened!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|