View Single Post
Old 01.19.2018, 09:01 PM   #72
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
DRAM

If it helps, I have no idea what this means.

I tuned out of mainstream pop culture in, like, 1996. Not saying that to be hip. Just happened. Went to a tiny private school that made it difficult, and once the cord was cut I never really plugged back in.

I remember being at some chick's place and she had a Denis Rodman book. I think he was naked on the cover or something. I was like, "Who's that crazy guy?" She didn't believe me. I told her I don't follow basketball. She said that didn't matter, and I was either lying or retarded.

But some rap cut through. Eminem certainly. Maybe mostly because I actually heard his music. Now it's your turn to not believe me, but until late last year, I never heard a Kanye song, at least not being aware of it. But I knew who he was.

I knew maybe three, four Jay-Z songs somehow. Maybe a 50 Cent or two. That might be it as far as rap goes.

The stuff is actually easy to avoid without trying. You do realize most people don't even have a music collection at all? Maybe one country compilation on cassette is some desk drawer and that's about it.

Where would most people hear, say, Kendrick's latest anyway? The drive to work is either talk radio or silence. Then work. Then drive home with talk or silence. Then sitcoms, or sports, or police dramas for TV, then bed.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|