View Single Post
Old 04.12.2014, 03:46 PM   #71
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
sy have been on tv more than the black eyed keys or whoever that band is

You're trolling is just getting too obvious now..

Quote:
your other references dont count cos they are sports

Sports are part of the national dialogue, when bands make it to sports playlists like in games or in tv commercials for shoes/upcoming games you've officially made it to the big time. That is Kiss big yo..

and black keys aren't just in sports TV, they are ALL over the fucking TV.. I haven't heard Sonic Youth on TV since they played a song from Rather Ripped on some lame TV show on the WB a few years ago, and before that? Bull in the Heather video..

Quote:

sy have been on more famous peoples radars than black peas

name some..

Quote:
cant believe you are arguing this!

I can't believe that YOU'RE arguing this. I mean, again, I LOVE Sonic Youth, probably in my top-5 ALL TIME for bands that I love and adore, I've seen them as much as any other band in my library and heart, YET, I'm just being realistic. For example, for the past 15 years I been listening to Sonic Youth, whenever I tell somebody randomly about them, or about an upcoming show I want to go to or recent show I went to, or when new record came out, the majority of responses were, "Who?"

Most people simply have no frame of reference for sonic youth, they couldn't name you a single record or sing a single song.. Those other bands inducted in the HOF with Nirvana, those are household names even among people who don't even remotely listen to music.

Sonic Youth = INDIE GODS but HOF material? Doubtful. And again, WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE EVEN WANT THAT? Sonic Youth is ours, lets enjoy it

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|