View Single Post
Old 09.10.2008, 11:08 PM   #12
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
there is actually still A LOT of great hip hop, check the grime scene, this year has already seen fantastic releases by riko, trim, wiley, and others. the new vast aire record is also great, prolly better than the original cannibal ox album. the bug, kevin martin's new project, put out london zoo, which is the best industrialk hip hop meets dancehall music ever made, absolutley amazing. and not we have upcoming doom releases. hip hop is doing fine. and fuck, i can still put on hot 97 once in a while and be pretty sure ill hear one banging track. 'hustlin' by rick ross, i still listen to that once in a while.

i tried getting into some grime but just couldn't feel it...it all sounds very...ugly...i'm kind of an nyc purist when it comes to my hip-hop (grew up on 36 chambers, illmatic, ready to die, etc.) with a few exceptions..

as for this year, i am feeling the wale mix tape...and as far as hot 97 goes, i end up listening to far more "mainstream" hip-hop nowadays than anything else, but its just not as special as say, madvilliany ...oh yeah, ill have to check out that new vast aire...hip-hop is maybe just not my thing at the moment so im not really looking.
chairman of the bored is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|