View Single Post
Old 10.20.2015, 09:58 PM   #47359
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
all those songs you called out are classics. or should be. Lanegan on "In the Fade" and "Song for the Deaf" and others on Songs for for the Deaf. I dare say it's the best, even those Oliveri song are classics.

no, it's a kickass album. should you expect anything else besides being slammed by "Song for the Dead"?

btw, "How to Handle a Rope" might just be the best early qotsa song.

its all better than the White Strokes.

Sorry man I just really like the White Stripes. They're not a favorite, but I am glad they were around to be the biggest thing in the music world for a while because they were good at it, and they were well branded and they put on a ripping good show, and they kinda reminded me of the Beatles in some weird ways I can't defend. Yeah early Qotsa is better, but I do love every white stripes album. I loved hearing Citizen Kane quotes on mainstream radio in 2001 (whaaat?), and I loved how weird some of the songs that filled their run of #1 albums were. Why is "Girl You Have no faith in medicine" on a Grammy winning album? Or "Black Math"? I don't know. The hardest fucking button to button? What? Awesome.

They did their thing and now Jack White is a freaking massive celebrity and I don't care, because the white stripes kicked some serious shit out when they were together.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|