View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 12:50 PM   #1010
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Did I mention that TLOP managed to DOUBLE the number of subscribers to TIDAL over a single 48 hour period?

Also, apparently Kanye is the one and only reason the album's streams weren't translated into sales. Billboard has updated its practices for certifying gold and platinum albums, and has a formula for translating streams into sales. TIDAL has release its figures to Billboard before, and according to Billboard, the only time they don't do that is if an artist explicitly requests that it not be done. That means Kanye prevented the album from making the charts himself.

It also means that Beyoncé (or perhaps Jay-Z) is responsible for the sales/streams of "Formation" not showing up on Billboard.

This appears to be sort of a deliberate move on behalf of this close knit group of artists. I wonder if it has something to do with #BlackLivesMatter/OscarSoWhite, etc. maybe it's a way to reclaim black music from The White Man and his system? I dunno.

Did I mention TLOP is the best reviewed album of the year so far despite not really quite being an album?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|