View Single Post
Old 01.02.2016, 01:58 PM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Oh sorry man, I forgot to post my opinion about it. It is more consistent than My Name Is My Name, but MNIMN had higher highs. Overall I prefer MNIMN. It's just a prelude to his real album or whatever though so it's cool.

Ehhh... I'm not sure I prefer it to MNIMN either but I definitely think it's more consistent. My Name had some seriously waning moments stuffed into its second half, but the production being all-Kanye made it a strong companion piece to Yeezus, with a similar kind of mission statement.

I think Darkest Before Dawn is more than just a prelude to his "real" album. I mean, it's a real album. I actually think it's a bit stupid of him to call it "the prequel" or to slap the "King Push" title on it. That's just confusing. I mean, this album is the "prequel" to a song from 2013 and an April 2016 album (maybe)?

It's definitely an album. It's been labored over and heavily produced, and a lot of thought has gone in to its presentation.

But I didn't realize until just recently that he was planning to drop another album so soon. I figured the whole King Push thing would fizzle, like so many planned sequential album series do. But, apparently, fucker's releasing a whole new joint in April. I'll believe it when I see it. For now, Darkest Before Dawn is definitely capable of standing on its own.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|