View Single Post
Old 07.07.2010, 01:23 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
strangely I noticed that there's only been 5 albums so far that I've really listened to the hell out of so far this year...

Gucci Mane - Free Gucci: The Best Of The Cold War Mixtapes
Free mixtape assembled by Diplo... this thing is amazing. Meshes lots of electro beats with a bunch of 2009 Gucci acappellas... many of which turn out to be superior to their originals. And the sequencing is top notch. Diplo's own remix of "Danger's Not A Stranger" is perhaps my favorite Gucci Mane track ever.

The Last Electro Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble - Miles Away
Madlib released this one, then the Young Jazz Rebels album, and is already promising at least 2 more jazz albums this year as part of the Medicine Show series. It's a good year to be a Yesterdays Universe fan. So far, this is my favorite jazz album of the year.

Lil Wayne - Rebirth
There's so much to say about this one... but I've already said a lot in other threads, and it will end up on my final Top 10 list of the year, so I'll recap then. But I doubt I've listened to ANY album as much as this one this year.

Meth, Ghost & Rae - Wu Massacre
I slept on this at first, but couldn't stop listening. All my initial complaints are still there, but somehow everything WRONG with this record is a big part of what makes it so right. I love it.

Record Club - Kick
Record Club is the name of the band right? None of them have band-names on the cover. Is it Record Club? Is it Beck? Pfork always says it's Record Club. Anyway, this album is amazing. The best cover album that Record Club has released yet. Definitely.

Young Jeezy - Trap Or Die 2: By Any Means Necessary
I'm not a huge Jeezy fan, but this mixtape is undeniable. The beats are perfect. It's so triumphant. I highly recommend it. Oh and funniest moment: Don Cannon yells out over a track "I'm everywhere like dogshit" which is appropriate becuz DJ drops feel just about as welcome as stepping in it.