View Single Post
Old 03.22.2013, 03:19 PM   #54
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
_tunic_, you're right. I messed up. Record Store Day's official website doesn't have Low & Dirty Three's "In The Fishtank Volume 7" in the list. I hope I can manage to find a copy of it for a fair price even if it only makes it to European stores.

Soup Nazi, you are in for a really nice treat so don't miss out on buying that CD. I know there are mixed reviews about this record, but as _tunic_ mentioned there's a very beautiful cover of Neil Young's "Down By The River" on this, which is a true gem (If you enjoyed that Blogothèque performance, you now have an idea). "Lordy" and "When I Called Upon Your Seed" are noteworthy as well, in my opinion. You also might wanna check out the DVD included on "A Lifetime Of Temporary Relief" to know the humble origins of this EP: A documentary of the recording process is included on it, as well as some other awesomeness.

Anyhoo, I'm ripping that Low XFM session with Streamtransport now. It seems to be an .m4a file. I've had problems in the past to play audio files grabbed with this application, but I do hope this one will work fine. We'll see. I'm clueless regarding how to separate the Low session from the rest of the program and then split it into tracks. I've never done that on an .MP3, let alone an .M4A. I can only handle .WAV files with CD Wave Editor.

A tweet by acidjack implies he recorded Low's show at Society for Ethical Culture the other night, so I'm happy to have another Low recording to look forward to.
https://twitter.com/acidjacknyc/stat...933440/photo/1