View Single Post
Old 09.08.2015, 12:35 PM   #19037
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Left Behind - The Trilogy

Based on a series of evangelical christian novels about the rapture and tribulation. I'm not an evangelical Christian (or a Christian at all) but that whole thing sort of fascinates me.

Hollywood remade the first one with Nicholas Cage but downplayed the Christian angle and tried to turn it into an action/disaster movie. In these, though, the religion's pushed firmly to the forefront. Lots of scenes where really clean looking American people, who all look like shopping channel presenters, take time out to pray, and smile knowingly whenever god's mentioned. The head of the UN (a Russian) is portrayed as the anti-Christ and his plan to create a single economy is presented as some kind of commie/satanic plot. Christianity as conspiracy theory.

Crap but brilliant at the same time.

I read the first book of that/ and for the most part I was actually enjoying it. Then the ending happened and refused to even consider the second one.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|