View Single Post
Old 11.21.2009, 03:47 PM   #35
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Overrated:

Teenage Riot
( great song but it gets this status bc this is basically the token sy song to know)

Bull In The Heather
(alright song but kinda sad this is their highest charting single has none of the sy disonnance they're so known for)

Incinerate (when this song came out it scared me....that theyd settle into this light pop clean guitar sound for the rest of their career, feedback is so passe)

Superstar ( Falls into the annoying category of people who want to get into SY but don't like the noise. Thats like saying I want ice cream but I dont want something cold. They've done far better covers (Within You, Without You , hallowed be thy name) This always just came off as a cutesy cover to me)

Little Trouble Girl (A throwback to girl groups from the sixties but kind of a boring song too. Ever wonder what a Kim Gordon commercial album would have sounded like? It's this. My least fav song on one of my fav SY albums, this should not have got its own video. Wheres the love for "Becuz" or "Junkie's Promise")

Underrated:

Inhuman
(From the very beginning of this song with those weird whomp crashes, its like raw power thats sure to come running to you. It used to be in setlists in the 80s but was eventually dropped. No one mentions this song when talking about Confusion is Sex, but they should)

Saucer-Like (Theory: The more lee songs on a record the better the record. Example WM=3, EJSTNS=0. Whether you agree with that or not theres no denying that lees song are always overlooked in the bands catalog. He has so many but even among lee favs this one isnt isnt discussed as much. How about that awesome beginning where it just builds before he throws in those wonderful lyrics of swirling cities of angels. It feels like a euphoric lucid dream with lee guiding you around the streets while you share a j)

Catholic Block (Loved this song from the second they make the bends on the gutar work with the drumbeat. Its like the perfect SY song going from A-Z in the course of the song with the greatest of ease, speeding along feroricously and ending in groaning screaming guitars. A full on guitar orgasm)

Titanium Expose (The second best SY album closer of the 90s (Diamond sea will alwyas be the winner). After holding in much of their noise for Goo they let it all hang out with this one. Sounding more like the sdtrk to a riot than teenage riot where kids flip cars over and beat businessman with their own briefcases. I say play this next time at a political rally and watch peoples unrealized anger turn to violence)

Helen Lundberg (Recorded at their last session at Murray Street and heard by a minority of SY fans this song is a treasure. Willfully noisy tribute that was somehow left off of Rather Ripped>track it down now if you havent discvovered this gem)
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|