View Single Post
Old 01.22.2010, 03:02 PM   #9364
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
The only problem I really have with Death Proof is that halfway through the film got out of character (meaning that the look of the film itself got cleaned up) and just turned into a typical Tarantino movie.

that's because the first reel was beat up, but the second reel was in better shape. (obviously not for real, but that's what he was aiming for).

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I must say, I really like the idea of Tarantino -- I'm glad he exists. He has balls. No other modern filmmaker would release a movie like Death Proof into theatres nowadays ... then again, no other filmmaker could probably get away with doing something that ridiculous. It's pretty remarkable.

and I think that's such a big part of what made me love the film, Adam. I love that a movie that really is about as good as something generally buried on cable TV at 2AM was made by a high-profile director, got widescreen distribution, and a major marketing campaign. That's awesome. And I'm glad that you understand/appreciate that aspect of his work.