View Single Post
Old 08.03.2011, 10:51 PM   #46
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
haha the frequency part is a bit hard to handle I've never seen anybody go crazy during it. but really the 4 stereos totally makes the album. if you love those songs that much you should definitely listen to them the way they were intended.

Actually, I've just never had four stereos at a time, or enough friends who were interested in lending theirs to the cause.

Anyone else think Embryonic has a lot in common with Zaireeka?

Anyway... these are my faves:
1. The Day They Shot a Hole in the Jesus Egg (In a Priest Driven Ambulence + bonus tracks + "Mushroom Tapes" on second disc)
2. Soft Bulletin
3. Zaireeka
4. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
5. Transmissions from the Satellite Heart

I have love for every release except for Oh My Gawd..., which is just too fucking depressing for life.

Secondary faves include:
-Clouds Taste Metallic
-@ War With the Mystics
-Embryonic
-Hear It Is
-Telepathic Surgery

I even rock their s/t debut once in a while. In fact, I played it on repeat for an entire summer when I first heard it. I couldn't believe it was the same band that had made me jizz honey with the spaced out Clouds... or the acid-pop Yoshimi.

Only band I can think of who has released as much good shit as SY (almost) in roughly the same amount of time. Everyone else has puttered out... when Dino turned into the poster-boys for Ethan Hawke and Wynona Ryder-era gen-X, the Lips were still blowing minds. When Husker Du was giving in and recording bubblegum-punk for WB, the Lips were still blowing minds. When Guided by Voices released so much material that their shitty stuff started to outweigh their good stuff, the Lips were still blowing minds.

I love them, I tell you.

EDIT: Fuck, I forgot about Hit to Death in the Future Head. Oh well. That's up there too. Not a bad song on it.... unless you count the last track as a "song".... blegch.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|