View Single Post
Old 07.07.2018, 01:40 AM   #22714
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I've just finished watching all four documentaries that VICE produced last year. Fascinating!

'Outsider - A Look At The World's Most Insane Movies'

Laz Rojas was my favorite one by far, followed by the one about Miami Connection. Truly emotional and hilarious.

Trash films have always fascinated me. They are often made by filmmakers with a lot of dedication, persistence and a love for the art form.
I have collected many over the years and a few others that spring to mind... with slightly higher budgets are:

Thundercrack! (1975) by Curt McDowell

Dark Star (1974)

Even Harmony Korine's Trash Humpers (2009) has its place in this area of film making for me. I'm sure some of you would disagree.

Be sure to check out Severin Films if you are into this kind of beautiful trash.

Please share your recommendations. I'm always looking for more to add to my collection.

Had to think of our old friend...

RIP Atsonicpark

A few you may check into:

1) Jim VanBebber's "Deadbeat At Dawn", or really any of VanBebber's stuff.

2) Christiane F.- very disturbing teen prostitution/drug addict German film from the 80's. One can feel the degradation and filth falling off the screen.

3) I don't think he's making trash cinema, but anything by Sion Sono (especially "Tokyo Tribe", which is an epic musical/Walter Hill Warriors rip off) is pretty off the rails.

4) Anything by Jorg Buttgereit. "Nekromantic" or "Schraam".
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|