View Single Post
Old 03.07.2017, 09:43 PM   #2548
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
I gotta say I love Drumpf's latest bullshit. Motherfucker never thinks things all the way through, but this one is a particularly delicious slice of self-inflicted Catch-22: if he wasn't wiretapped, he's lying for the hundred billionth time; if he was, a FISA court concluded there was probable cause to further investigate that he was getting jiggy with Putin's dong again. Marvelous.

Latest bullshit's particularities aside, there's a clear pattern here which I at least have not seen or heard mentioned by anyone, a fact rather disturbing in itself since it doesn't exactly take a PhD to notice it. (If whoever's reading can let me know this has been pointed out, I'd appreciate it!). So:

— After Trump was correctly called a bigot for shitting on Latin Americans, Muslims, African-Americans, you name it:

"Hillary Clinton is a bigot! She's a bigot!"

— After he was correctly called a sexual predator following the airing of the grab-'em-by-the-pussy/I-just-start-kissing-'em/I-go-in-their-dressing-room-because-I-own-the-joint tape:

"Bill Clinton is the biggest sexual predator ever!"

— After his and his team of immoral subcreatures' bullshit was correctly called fake news:

"I'm running against the dishonest mainstream media and their fake news!"

— After the the shitty impression generated by his relation with Russia escalated to shock in light of constant new evidence and correctly started being called the biggest scandal since Watergate:

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate!"

As you very well know, the list is far, far longer, but you get the point. While it's tempting to say that these are simply man-baby knee-jerk reactions in the "You're the puppet!" vein, there's something much more perverse at work here: hijacking accusations to sling them back verbatim is a TEXTBOOK fascist disinformation tactic, the rationale behind it being that most people's minds are a coupla sandwiches short of a picnic anyway (can't say they're wrong there), which makes the masses unable to come up with and/or process fine distinctions over a single term/concept. The consequence is that the counter-attack, no matter how unfathomably untruthful, becomes exponentially amplified, because it's not just "the Leader" and his tweets and Conway and Spicer and that blonde mass of putrefaction who sits near Anderson Cooper every night —what's her name, McEnany—, it's the original accusers/critics who, to the great intellectually unwashed, keep bringing up a word which has been redefined to them by Steve Bannon. The machine feeds itself: there's no need to shoot criticisms of your own invention at your rivals when all you have to do is fuck up, get called on it, fire back the same fuckup you got called on, lather, rinse, repeat.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|