View Single Post
Old 04.20.2022, 05:09 PM   #25140
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
right, and that's precisely the disaster of it all. if it was just another kid movie i wouldn't give a shit either way. like, i never ranted against spy kids. but never watched it either. it was for kids and that was okay, let the kids play.

i mentioned the 70s above. what was the biggest goddamn thing in the film culture, in the 70s? taxi driver, godfather, apocalypse now... last tango in paris! dirty harry, chinatown, cuckoo's nest, french connection, clockwork orange, network... salò, banned! tinto brass doing caligula. emmanuelle, the empire of the senses, all the president's men. kramer vs kramer. annie hall. truffaut and rohmer's heyday, buñuel's final films. bergman's cries and whispers, and scenes from a marriage, and woody allen imitating bergman. grownup films with grownup subjects were the biggest thing in the culture. even the schlocky disaster movies might feature an ex-whore or something. jaws was a monster movie, but it was a believable monster and the heroes were human. and sure, there was star wars, but star wars was for the kids who made the parents buy the toys.

yes. i have a problem with the culture. i have a problem with the planet, hahaha.

that's me now, guilty as charged. i hate the marvel universe, not because it exists, but because *it's the biggest fucking thing* why????????

eta: i blame my generation for never getting over motherfucking starwars. we started this perpetual childhood shit lol.

Gonna be a dickhead and say that I think the Avengers films are probably better overall than the first Star Wars trilogy. Even the first Avengers movie, which is kind of a big B-movie, is pretty fun, and the second is unfairly maligned.
The third and fourth are just a bloody good fuckin’ ride, man, with plenty of emotional heft to boot. And I like Captain America and Thor vastly more than I like Luke Skywalker.

Sorry, my generation is showing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|